Smoked Tofu Salad
Perfect for lunch or a light supper, this smoked tofu salad is vegan and gluten free. Steaming the vegetables will ensure your dish is vibrant, full of flavour and nutrient rich. Pop open a bottle of our vegan-friendly RB28 Blanc de Noirs for a sumptuous pairing.
Recipe supplied by our friends at Miele. Find more great recipe inspiration here.
For the salad:
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Tougias spices (mixed chilli flakes)
- 100g smoked tofu, broken into 3cm pieces
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 70g green beans
- 70g sugar snap peas
- ¼ of a Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 100g fine rice noodles
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 carrot sliced finely lengthways into batons
- ½ a cucumber sliced finely lengthways into batons
For the dressing:
- 50g peanut butter
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 50ml coconut milk
- Lightly toast the sesame seeds in a frying pan and place into a bowl along with the Tougarashi spices.
- In the same frying pan heat the vegetable oil. Fry the tofu until golden brown. Once cooked, transfer the tofu into the bowl with the sesame seeds and spices and coat well.
- Bring a saucepan up to a boil with salted water and cook the sugar snap peas and green beans for 2 minutes, refreshing in cold water immediately.
- Put the rice noodles into a bowl, cover with 500ml of boiling water and allow to soften for about 10 minutes. Drain and refresh with cold water.
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and check for seasoning.
- To assemble the salad, pour half of the dressing over the noodles to coat. Add all of the vegetables to the noodles and gently mix. Transfer to a serving bowl and arrange the tofu over the top of salad along with the remaining dressing.
“The first time I tasted Exton Park I was astonished. The wine has a purity, clarity, but also an intensity of flavour and uniqueness of scent I'd never come across before.”Oz Clark - English Wine
“Exton Park and I share the same passion for quality, sustainability and local ingredients. Their winemaker, Corinne, mirrors the same level of precision and technique that I expect from the top chefs in my kitchens. This is why I selected Exton Park's Rosé for my restaurants.”Simon Rogan - 4 Michelin Star Chef
“Peaches and strawberries in effervescent perfection. Hampshire’s greatest hit.”Olly Smith - ITV Wine Critic, RB23 Rosé 2021
“Wines that are kaleidoscopically complex and exciting.”Jancis Robinson, 2021