An exciting opportunity has come up at Exton Park, to join our vineyard team! Find out more below…
Exton Park Vineyard is a 60-acre vineyard overlooking the Meon valley in East Hampshire. We grow Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier for sparkling wine production. We have an onsite winery where we process all of our own grapes. The vineyard is mechanised sufficiently to allow for a small team of 3 people in total to work the vineyard, with seasonal staff helping us out for the big hands-on jobs. The vineyard team works closely with the winery to ensure the grapes that are grown are up to standard for our wine. The candidate will be asked to contribute to ideas of day-to-day processes. This is an exciting opportunity for the correct candidate to join a forward-thinking vineyard team.
• Tractor driving (experience preferred)
• All relevant PA1-3 spray qualifications would be a huge bonus, although training will be given to the right candidate
• Tractor operations: mowing, leaf trimming, leaf removal, air assisted spraying, boom sprays, and mulching, organisation of our machinery and equipment
• Site maintenance: headlands, borders, work within wildflower areas, vineyard trellis repairs/maintenance, strimming work, general estate maintenance
• Some evening/night work will be required if there is a frost season in spring and at harvest time in the autumn
• Vineyard work – pruning, tying down, bud rub, canopy management
• Harvest – tractor and trailer work, supervising extra staff
• Record Keeping – stock control, vineyard data collection
• Full right to work in the UK
• Good English, verbal and written communication skills. Some computer skills may be required
• Positive attitude and a strong work ethic
• Full driving license mandatory
• Forklift licence would be favourable
• Competitive salary depending on experience
We are seeking a hands-on candidate that is happy to work by themselves but also with a team. A vast percentage of the time in the job will be outside, all year round. We are a relatively small team at Exon Park. There will be times where we will be helping the winery, bottling, disgorgement, and labelling.
Please send cover letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by the 25th of February.
“The first time I tasted Exton Park I was astonished. The wine has a purity, clarity, but also an intensity of flavour and uniqueness of scent I'd never come across before.”Oz Clark - English Wine
“Exton Park and I share the same passion for quality, sustainability and local ingredients. Their winemaker, Corinne, mirrors the same level of precision and technique that I expect from the top chefs in my kitchens. This is why I selected Exton Park's Rosé for my restaurants.”Simon Rogan - 4 Michelin Star Chef
“Peaches and strawberries in effervescent perfection. Hampshire’s greatest hit.”Olly Smith - ITV Wine Critic, RB23 Rosé 2021
“Wines that are kaleidoscopically complex and exciting.”Jancis Robinson, 2021